Municipal Court hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the exception of the Holidays noted below.
West Plains Municipal Court
Fines and Costs
- Duty to Keep Right $80
- Expired Drivers License $80
- Fail to Display Current State License Plate $80
- Fail to Provide Proof of financial Responsibility $155
- Fail to yield at Flashing Yellow Signal $90
- Fail to Yield Intersection $90
- Fail to yield From Alley/Driveway $90
- Following Too Closely $90
- Handicap Parking Violation $80
- Illegal Parking / No Parking Zone $80
- Impeding Traffic / Driving Too Slow $90
- Improper Backing $90
- Improper Lighting $80
- Improper or Fail to Signal $90
- Improper Turn / U Turn $90
- Loud & Offensive Noise (Tires) $80
- Manner of Parking $90
- No Child Restraint $79
- No Protective Headgear $25
- Obstructing / Blocking Traffic $80
- Right of Way Between Vehicles $90
- Seatbelt Violation $10
- Stop Light Violation $90
- Stop Sign Violation $90
- Wrong Way on One Way Street $90
Exceeding Posted Speed Limit*
- 1-5 MPH OVER POSTED SPEED LIMIT $80
- 6-10 MPH OVER POSTED SPEED LIMIT $90
- 11-15 MPH OVER POSTED SPEED LIMIT $100
- 16-19 MPH OVER POSTED SPEED LIMIT $130
- *20 MPH OR MORE OVER THE SPEED LIMIT IS A MANDATORY COURT APPEARANCE.
Your traffic summons requires you to appear in person before the Municipal Judge in West Plains, Missouri at 9:00am on the date written on your ticket UNLESS you wish to plead guilty and pay your fine prior to that date. If you plead guilty prior to your court date the amount of your fine is indicated.
- To determine if you can prepay your violation and do not see your violation listed, you may call 417-256-6154.
- It is a mandatory court appearance if involved in accident.
- You will need to wait at least 2 weeks for your citation to be filed before payment can be made. You may pay by mail, in person at 1910 Holiday Lane in West Plains, online at www.wpmunipay.com, or by phone
- Be advised if your citation has not been filed your payment will not be accepted until it is filed. If your violation is a mandatory court appearance, your payment will be rejected and you will need to appear in court on the court date on the citation.
- By paying the fine you are entering a guilty plea to the charge.
- If you would like to speak with the prosecuting attorney call 417-256-3396.