OFFICE HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
(with the exception of the holidays noted below).
The Court will be closed for the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day & the day following, and Christmas Day.
Court is usually held every Thursday at 9:00 a.m.
Trials are on the 2nd Thursday of every month at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Court Payments/Show Cause is always the third Thursday of each month.
Judge: Honorable William T. Hass
COURT LOCATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
West Plains Municipal Court
1910 Holiday Lane
P.O. Box 249
West Plains, MO 65775
Office: (417) 256-6154
Fax: (417) 255-2434
PROSECUTOR CONTACT INFORMATION:
Office: (417) 256-3396
How to Make a Payment
In person: Cash, Money Order, Cashiers Check, Credit/Debit Card; at the court
office located inside City Hall at 1910 Holiday Lane, West Plains,
(Search for a case using your name or your ticket number as the case number).
Fines and Costs
- Duty to Kep Right $94
- Expired Drivers License $94
- Fail to Display Current State License Plate $84
- Fail to yield at Flashing Yellow Signal $94
- Fail to Yield Intersection $94
- Fail to Yield From Alley/Driveway $94
- Following Too Closely $94
- Handicap Parking Violation $84
- Illegal Parking/ No Parking Zone $84
- Impeding Traffic / Driving Too Slow $94
- Improper Backing $94
- Improper Lighting $84
- Improper or Fail to Signal $94
- Improper Turn / U Turn $94
- Loud & Offensive Noise (Tires) $84
- No Child Restraint $83
- Obstruction / Blocking Traffic $84
- Right for Way Between Vehicles $94
- Seatbelt Violation $10
- Stop Light Violation $94
- Stop Sign Violation $94
- Wrong Way on One Way Street $94
Exceeding Posted Speed Limit
- 1-5 MPH OVER POSTED SPEED LIMIT $84
- 6-10 MPH OVER POSTED SPEED LIMIT $94
- 11-15 MPH OVER POSTED SPEED LIMIT $104
- 16-19 MPH OVER POSTED SPEED LIMIT $134
- 20-25 MPH OVER POSTED SPEED LIMIT $189
Your traffic summons requires you to appear in person before the Municipal Judge in West Plains, Missouri at 9:00am on the date written on your ticket UNLESS you wish to plead guilty and pay your fine prior to that date.
*If you were in an accident, then you MUST appear on the court date listed on your citation.
*To determine if you can prepay your violation and do not see your violation listed, you may call the court office at 417-256-6154.
*You will need to wait at least 3 weeks for your citation to be filed before payment can be made. You may pay by mail, in person at 1910 Holiday Lane in West Plains, or online at https://www.courts.mo.gov/cnet/welcome.do
*By paying the fine you are entering a guilty plea to the charge.
*If you would like to speak with the prosecuting attorney prior to your court date, then call 417-256-3396.